WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Guest debrown

Epson 4900 Adjustment Prog Error

Guest debrown

I am running the Epson 4900 program on a Windows 7 machine and running compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). the 4900 is connected to the machine via USB. Running epson utility can print test page and do nozzle checks BUT when I run the 4900 Adjustment program and choose the 4900, the message back is that "Two printers or more are connected, choose one and disconnect the others". I have tried removing all printers via the Devices and Printers route but still get the same error. When I run in windows 98 Compatibility Mode, I get back that the printer is either disconnected or not turned on.

Any idea what the problem is here! I desperately need to unclog the heads on my 4900.

I'm having the same problem. Running on Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I've tried XP compatibility, both service packs 2 and 3. Also all other compatibility modes, with admin checked and unchecked. I've disconnected and removed all other printers from my computer. Still I'm getting the message about two printers or more connected when running in XP mode.

Any ideas?

You have to connect the printer by USB cable only! Not LAN, WiFi, Ethernet...

Disconnect all other USB devices.

Shut all Epson utilities such as:

- Epson Status Monitor 3

- Epson LFP utility

- Epson My Portal

- Epson Help Center

or other Epson Utilities.

Run 4900 program as administrator.

Or try on another PC.